Work @ Lead
Available Positions for the 2020-2021 School Year:
We are currently accepting resumes for 2020-2021 teacher vacancies. We are accepting resumes for Early Childhood, Elementary and Middle School teachers.
Kindergarten Assistant Teacher
We are currently looking for a K5 teaching assistant for the 20-21 school year. Teaching assistant assists lead classroom teacher with all aspects of the classroom on a daily basis.
We are looking to add an additional instructional coach for the 2020-2021 school year to work alongside Mrs. Mitchell. Instructional Coach will be responsible for creating coaching plans for teachers and executing those so that staff can grow in their practice. Instructional Coach will also manage substitutes and support staff assignments. Candidate should have extensive teaching experience with experience leading and coaching teams and Individuals a plus.
How to apply:
Send resume and cover letter to Principal Chase Willingham- firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Work at Lead Academy?
A teacher at Lead Academy will:
- Effectively build a positive classroom culture that promotes self-discipline;
- Work with colleagues to design and implement cross-curricular units of study that utilize active pedagogy and exploratory learning;
- Plan and implement creative, organized and engaging lessons based on the SC State Standards;
- Differentiate instruction to support all students in the learning process;
- Plan, support, and collaborate with fellow educators and staff;
- Provide an inviting, exciting learning environment.
An ideal candidate is someone who:
- Has demonstrated strong classroom and time management skills;
- Is committed to meeting the needs of every child in a diverse population and has demonstrated success working with a diverse group of families;
- Believes every child can learn and reach high levels of academic achievement;
- Has a clear understanding of curriculum, instruction, and child development;
- Has a proven ability to work as a member of a team with a commitment to his/her own learning and professional development;
- Has the capacity to teach using inquiry-based and hands-on methodology;
- Believes children can make a significant contribution to the school, community, and the world;
- Understands that family involvement is integral to student success;
- Wants to be part of an organized, professional learning community;
- Is a self-starter interested in working in a fast-paced, start-up environment that requires flexible roles.
Applicants should possess the following knowledge and experience:
- A degree in education or equivalent;
- Three or more years of classroom teaching experience is preferred;
- Teaching certification is required;
- State endorsement to teach in content area (math, social studies, science, language arts) for middle school grades (5th — 8th).
- State endorsement to teach elementary or early childhood for elementary grades (K5 - 5th).
- State endorsement to teach ESL, special education or gifted classes if the position is desired.