(para leer este mensaje en español, utilice las opciones en el menú en la parte superior de la página web)
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a respiratory illness caused by a novel (new) coronavirus. The disease it causes has been named "Coronavirus Disease 2019". Stopping the spread of the virus through everyday practices is the best way to keep people healthy. Symptoms may range from mild to severe and are similar to a cold or flu. They may include fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
What are the symptoms?
Fever, cough, shortness of breath. *These can be mild or severe in nature.
What is Lead Academy doing to prepare for possible COVID-19 cases?
- Hourly and daily reminder to students and teachers of the importance of using hand sanitizer and soap and water throughout the day, especially after using restroom or before and after lunch.
- Encouraging families to keep students home who exhibit signs and symptoms of the flu or similar illnesses.
- Using Clorox 360 machine daily on all surfaces to kill bacteria and germs.
- Continuing to update school community through all communication channels.
- Notifying local health officials of any flu cases or potential COVID-19 cases.
- Isolating and sending home students who exhibit flu-like symptoms or fever.
How will Lead Academy Respond if there is a local outbreak?
Lead Academy will be closely monitoring the situation as well as the response and plans of districts around ours. Should an outbreak occur, Lead Academy response could range from:
- Increased communications about keeping symptomatic students home;
- coordinated student hand washing and increased cleaning of hard surfaces;
- Cancellation of extra-curricular events;
- up to and including school closure.
- Distance Learning and google classroom would figure prominently into plans for Grades 4-8 students, while those in K-3 may be provided printed exercises to complete at home in the event of an extended school closure be needed.
As always, if you have questions or suggestions, please let us know. We will update this information and communicate any changes or updates via the app, facebook, email and text as soon as anything changes.
More info about the Coronavirus: